Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vacation




Well, we had a great time at the beach. I thought I'd share some of the pictures with you - they each attempted to capture a portion of the "Sacred Romance" (to quote John Eldridge) - I.E.: a facet of the Creator's heart toward us. It was awesome to get away from the craziness of life and politics to sit back and reflect on the beauty of God's creation. Just to mentally relax and be present - no major epiphanies for me this week - I got to have a vacation from those too!



Ahhh - long walks on the beach, coffee on the porch watching the sunrise over the ocean, pancakes for breakfast, and fresh Ahi tuna for dinner(YUM!). Good stuff!

One verse to reflect on during these uncertain times:
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


(That's a dolphin in front of the sunset if you can't tell from this small version) :)


No comments: