Sunday, January 20, 2008

Part 1 continued . . .

It seems as though I cannot get away from concept #1 from my last post. This weekend, I had the privilege of seeing the Bodyworlds 2 exhibit. The theme of the exhibit was "the three pound gem," referring to the brain and the nervous system as it relates to the function of human beings. It never ceases to amaze me how intricately the human body is crafted, and this exhibit is an awesome reminder of how complex we are, and how wonderfully the body is integrated. Interestingly, I came across the following quote at the exhibit:

"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are" The Thalmud.

So, I am still hard at work changing my perceptions to align with the truth. I plan to go into more depth on this in my next few posts, but I will give you a glimpse of what I have been working on so far. Over the last few weeks, I have begun to take a few positive things certain people have said to me in the past (a small compliment, statement of acceptance etc), and have chosen to BELIEVE them! I have to constantly wash my mind with these truths to combat the negative and incorrect assumptions I had fabricated. This has been very exciting and freeing so far, but I have found that it is important to "get the reps in." Which means every time an obsessive or incongruent thought arises, I have to immediately replace it with a truthful statement - sometimes I've had to do this multiple times in the span of a few minutes! Over the next few months I plan to continue with this training in every major arena of my thought life. I hope you will join me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog. Press on. See you soon.

Courtney said...

Thanks Tim!
Awesome chatting with you this weekend! Look forward to getting together with you and your family someday soon!

Mike T Nelson said...

Good stuff and I linked it to mine.
Rock on and see you at S Phase!
Mike N

Courtney said...

woo hoo! S Phase!
I'm slackin on the blog right now - I'll shoot for a post this weekend :)